A chisel is a cutting device with a ground edge on the end of a metal blade, often used with a hammer to work, shape, or finish a solid material such as wood, stone, or metal.
How do you use a chisel?
It is essential to choose the type of chisel best suited for the job being performed. Other factors such as the size of the chisel and the shape of the blade should also be considered.
Work should begin with a general inspection of the chisel to ensure it is in the best possible condition. The flatness of the blade can be checked with an angle. It may be necessary to sharpen the chisel to ensure that it is well protected throughout the process.
Once the tool is in order, you can use a ruler and carpenter’s square to measure the area and depth removed during the chiseling process. You should then clamp the wood to ensure utterly stable during the chiseling process.
Here are some of the chisel tools I have found.
The Clarke CAT158 1/2″ Keyless Reversible Air Drill is a versatile power tool that can be used for all types of tasks, from drilling to screwing. It comes with variable speed control that allows users to control the speed of their work, and it has an ergonomic design for comfort and ease of use.
A professional precision-engineered air-powered drill. The comfortable soft handle grip and lightweight, compact design makes it ideal for general workshop or garage use.
- 13mm (1/2”) keyless chuck
- Max air pressure 6.2bar (90psi)
- Max Speed 700rpm
- Average no load air consumption 6.5cfm
- Tough reinforced aluminum housing for increased durability
- Auxiliary side handle for better control and safer use
- Heavy duty full cage gear system and bearings for professional performance and longer life
- Weighs only 1.7kg
|Chuck Size||1/2 “|
|Required Air Pressure||6.2 Bar|
|Chuck size||13 mm|
|Avg. Air Consumption||6.5 com chuck chuck|
|Max rpm||700 rpm|
43 Piece 1/4″ Drive Metric & AF socket set.1/4″ drive so will fit any 1/4″ drive ratchets/bars/extensions, etc. Made from chromium-vanadium steel for strength and durability and helps resist abrasion, oxidation, and corrosion. Supplied in metal storage case.Weight2.2 kg
1/4″ Drive 6-Point Sockets:
1/4″ Drive 6-Point Deep Sockets:
- 1/4″ Drive Spinner Handle 6″
- 1/4″ Drive Extension Bars: 2″，4″，6″
- 1/4″ Drive Universal Universal Joint
- 1/4″ Drive Sliding T-Bar 110mm
- 1/4″ Drive Quick Release Ratchet Handle 72 Teeth
Sturdy metal locking security box, cunningly disguised as a book to foil potential theft. Realistic cardboard cover and easily settable, 3-digit locking combination. For storing cash, documents, and small valuables.
|Finish||Real book cover product|
- 1 x Book Safe
- 1 x Instructions
Plastic molded handle and SK5 steel blade Sprung arms force material down towards the angled blade for effective cutting. Single-screw blade-change. Cuts carpet, vinyl heavy-duty duty fabrics. Includes reversible blade for extended working life. Overall length 230mm.
- 1 x 50° Carpet cutter
The BlueSpot 4 Piece Wood Chisel Set is manufactured from hardened steel for increased durability. Features ergonomic plastic handles for increased comfort. Manufactured from drop forged and heat-treated steel for increased durability. Precision machined beveled edges for accurate striking. weight 0.65
Toolzone 12Pc Professional Hi-Quality Carving Chisel Set Brass Ferrules, 65mm Blades. Slew Chisel: 9.5mm. Straight Gouge: 6.35mm, 7.9mm, 9.5mm, 12.7mm, 14mm, 15.4mm. Spoon Gouge: 9.5mm. Bent Gouge: 12.7mm. Straight V Parting Tool: 6.35mm, 9.5mm. Straight Chisel: 9.5mm. Supplied with a Storage Pouch.
Made from heat-treated hardened & tempered Chrome Vanadium Steel
- 3PC Cold Chisel: 3/8″ X 5-1/2″, 1/2″ x 6″, 5/8″ x 6-1/2″
- 5PC Taper Punches: 3/32″ x 5-14/”, 1/8″ X 5-3/4″, 5/32″ X 6″, 3/16″ X 6-1/4″, 1/4″ x 6-3/4″
- 5PC Pin Punches: 3/32″ x 4-1/4″, 1/8″ x 4-3/4″, 5/32″ x 5″, 3/16″ x 5-1/4″, 1/4″ x 5-3/4″
- 2PC Centre Punches: 1/8″ X 5″, 3/16″ X 6″
- 1PC Chisel Gauge
5 Pin Punches
- 2 x 108mm (3/32″ x 4 1/4″)
- 3 x 120mm (1/8″ x 4 3/4″)
- 4 x 127mm (5/32″ x 5″)
- 5 x 133mm (3/16″ x 5 1/4″)
- 6 x 147mm (1/4″ x 5 3/4″)
5 Taper Punches
- 2 x 133mm (3/32″ x 5 1/4″)
- 3 x 146mm (1/8″ x 5 3/4″)
- 4 x 150mm (5/32″ x 6″)
- 5 x 158mm (3/16″ x 6 1/4″)
- 6 x 170mm (1/4″ x 6 3/4″)
3 Cold Chisels
- 9.5 x 140mm (3/8″ x 5 1/2″)
- 12.5 x 150mm (1/2″ x 6″)
- 16 x 165mm (5/8″ x 6 1/2″)
2 Centre Punches
- 3 x 125mm (1/8″ x 5″)
- 5 x 150mm (3/16″ x 6″)
US PRO 7pc Punch & Chisel Set 3PC COLD CHISEL: 3/8″ X 3/8″ X 6″,1/2″ X 3/8″ X 6″, 5/8″ X 3/8″ X 6″. 1PC CENTRE PUNCH: 3/16″ X 3/8″ X 6″. 2PC TAPER PUNCH: 1/8″ X 3/8″ X 6″, 3/16″ X 3/8″ X 6″. 1PC PIN PUNCH: 3/16″ X 3/8″ X 6″.
Did you like this article? For more articles, please visit Tools and Accessories